Monday, September 1, 2014

Houses

I hope you all are enjoying back to school. I love the freedom of summer, but love the routine and schedule of school. I just miss my kids when they are gone all day. I wish the school day was shorter. 

Now I'm busy with teaching preschool, taking care of the little ones, cleaning over and over again, working on my bachelors degree, planning school and church activities, and finding time to live a creative life. How do you guys juggle it all? It's a constant struggle isn't it? Each week I sit down and set goals and plan my week. Some of my goals for this year are to spend more one-on-one time with my sweet kids when they get home, focus on reading my scriptures, and blog more regularly. (I guess exercising will have to be on the back burner for now, oh well. You'll still love me if I don't lose those 10 pounds right? lol) 

This summer we had lots of preschool camp days. We started by having a fun stuffed animal field day. Everyone brought a stuffed animal and came up with a game for us to play. We had three-legged races, toss your stuffed animal in the circle, a tug of war, and more. It was fun to play outside and learn about team work, sportsmanship, and leadership. 





Then we came inside and painted some houses for our stuffed animals. I bought these small packing boxes at Walmart and then cut out doors and windows. Then I let the kids paint away. 





After paint the big kids added details with markers. 


It's all ready for a little stuffed animal to live. 



These were a great art project and were lots of fun to play with! I hope this gives you some preschool art ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment