Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Studio Calico's August Sandlot Kit

I am so proud of myself and used my entire Project Life Kit from Studio Calico for the month of August. I simply kept it on my desk and added it to different projects until all of it was gone. I am so happy!! Here are the 3 two-page Project Life pages I made with this kit.

Since this kit had some back to school themes to it, my first thought was to wipe out some pictures of when my daughter started school last year. I love the title reminding her to Shine Brightly when she's at school and with her friends. I used a new color pallet for me, pink, yellow, and grey, with some black and white. I love how it came together. I really like how kits push me to try new things and mix new colors. It helps me to grow as an artist. And speaking of growing, I was super pregnant in these pictures and wanted to highlight that as well. I love the "about us" card. It's my favorite. 

"Shine Brightly"








For the next layout I pulled lots of bright colors for a fun summer feel. I loved the oranges and blues, and the vellum stars were such a fun addition for a week about cheer camp. The "awesomeness" card is pretty awesome, so I used it for a title and the rest fell into place. One of my favorite embellishments to work with was the clear tabs. I stamped them to the tops and sides of various cards and they are such a fun addition. 

"Awesomeness"








This last two-page Project Life layout might be my favorite. The "beautiful day" title card steals the show. I added some florals, for a bight fun summery page. I love the bright colors, and the multicolored dots on the right. The book paper pocket kind of grounds the layout by the addition of some cream. This layout,  just reminds me of summer. 

"Beautiful Day"










No comments:

Post a Comment