Thursday, August 28, 2014

Herringbone Quilt!!

So this summer I have been sewing like crazy. If you follow me on Instagram, you've already seen sneak peeks of my latest projects. Sometimes in life I need the clam predictability of a quilt. Some people don't think quilting is relaxing, but for me it is. It helps me deal with stress. It calms my mind and soothes me. I love knowing if I follow the steps it will be beautiful every time. I love accomplishing that and knowing I made something beautiful. 

This quilt is one of my very favorites. I used the Herringbone Tutorial by Micheal Ann Made. It was easy to follow and come together beautifully. Simply sign up for emails and you'll get this free tutorial. 

This is an in-process shot of me laying out the fabric and getting ready to quilt it. This is the first time I have ever sewn a quilt together and it came together great. I simply followed the straight lines. 


You can kind of see the quilting here. I used this chevron minky on the back. I got it at Fabric.com and I love it!!!


Before I quilted this together I decided to add some stitching. I added some zig zags all over just to add some more character. I love the detail it gives. 


Here's the finished quilt.  I used a combination of fabric from several different lines. Most of the turquoise and navy fabric comes from Basic Grey's PB & J Line. It was an older line that I fell in love with and knew I wanted to make a quilt for myself one day. 



My family loves it and I love knowing I made something warm and comforting for them. This quilt is full of love


I've been decorating our living room and it looks great on our new couch. Now I need some really fun funky pillows!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment