Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wild and Free

This is a canvas I've had in my head for a long time. I often have so many ideas in my head, but it's hard to get them down on paper. That's why I love sketching. I love my sketch book and am working in it more and more. At least that way my ideas get down on paper and I can always come back to them. Also, getting ideas down clears up room in your head for more ideas. (smile)

My sister's birthday was coming up and I knew I wanted to make a canvas for her. She's in college and dating and I wanted her to remember not to settle. She deserves the best. I knew I wanted this to be a a scene and I wanted it to capture some of her wild and fee sprint. But I still wanted it to be grounded and strong and true, just like my sister. Do you think I got it? 


Don't settle for anything less then EVERYTHING!


beautiful


I love doing suns with paper doilies. 


lots of texture and fun, the flowers are dimensional. Love ya sis!!


No comments:

Post a Comment