Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Merry Christmas!


I hope you all had a great Christmas. This year was very busy and stressful for me, but there were so many great moments as well. I loved spending time with family. I loved seeing the joy on my kids faces as they opened presents. I loved seeing Christmas lights and dropping off some neighbor gifts while it snowed. I loved the cute art projects my kids brought home from school.


 After taking the Artsy Ornaments ClassJunelle Jacobson, had the idea of painting some cloth and wrapping it around a mason jar. I love giving gifts to friends and teachers and this was perfect. Instead of baking tons of cookies, I spent time painting this sweet little canvas and filled a mason jar with treats. 
I love this idea of giving mason jars as gifts. You could fill it full of crayons, candy, hand sanitizer, homemade treats, art supplies, mints, whatever you want!!! I filled some with mints and some with some homemade treats. 


I sketched all kinds of ideas, and even though I had sketches of all kinds of things, trees, a nativity, stars, etc. I am always drawn to painting girls. I liked this simple quote, "She kept Christmas in her heart." I wanted her to be simple, with stars in the back ground. I was really inspired by Kelly Rea's Christmas collection. I would love to do a bunch of holiday themed canvases. Next year, I'll have to start working in July. (smile)


I photo copied my art work with our copier and then Mod Podged the paper to strips of cloth. It was an easy way to get lots of copies. I did have wrinkles on the paper copies when I Mod Podged it, but I decided that it didn't bother me. I liked having it adhered to the cloth. I then cut strips of fabric and twine and tied them on to the jars. 


Here they are full of cute little mints. 


The backs are tied with a bow. 


I hope you all had a great holiday and Merry Christmas! 






No comments:

Post a Comment