Monday, October 22, 2012

Trick or Treat

So are any of you ready for Halloween? I AM!! I can't wait. I was so excited to take Christy Tomlinson's class Pumpkins & Cider! I got all my Halloween decorations out in September. I knew I was going to want to make some more decorations, so why not get a head start right? One of the reasons I love Halloween is because we are always in town. It's great to get out all my stuff and shop the clearance sales after Halloween is over.  Well here's a look at what I have been creating. 

As you know. I love my sketch book. I took Christy's idea of doing kids in costumes and ran with it. I love using memories as inspiration. Memories of Halloweens with my girls. Memories of Halloween when I was a kid. I love capturing memories on canvas.



I knew I had to do a darling little Lady Bug. My daughter was a Lady Bug for her very first Halloween. I had this really cool vintage book on plants or something. And thought this branch would look so cool. 


Then of course I covered it up with paint. I really tried to paint with my fingers, which I never do. I have some baby wipes on my art table and am constantly reaching for wipes to wipe off my hands. I must have gone through like 20 wipes!! I just can't help it. 


So here she is. I love the play on red and black and white with the blue background. So cute. 


This is my first girl with a face!! It's super simple, but I really like it. 


I used lace on the wings and big the white dots with my sharpie paint marker. It's one of my new favorite things. Lately, fun sharpies have been like candy at the check out counter. I can't help but grab one or two and throw then in the cart. 


I had so much fun with run-ons on this canvas. I loves layering them up. I'm running low on my favorite "stitches" rub-ons. Anyone know where I can find more? I don't know what I'd do without it!!!


I also had to do a Bumble Bee girl, like Christy did in the class. I tend to stick to a more simple style, but I felt like, it's Halloween. This girl can be as bold and crazy as can be. I thought, just go for it. I just had to keep telling myself to add as much as possible to her. I kept feeling like it was too much and this was crazy, but in the end all the layers come together. I really love her. 







I seriously want to do like 10 of these little cuties in costumes. Hopefully I have time for a few more!!!



1 comment:

  1. These are so cute!! Beautiful work, Juliana! I host a small creative link up on my blog on Fridays... I would love to extend an invitation to you if you would ever like to join us! :)

    ReplyDelete