Monday, November 11, 2013

A Thankful Heart

As thanksgiving approaches I have been thinking about being grateful. Having a grateful heart. I am mormon and twice a year we get to listen to words of our prophet and leaders at General Conference. I can't get this talk by Elder Bednar out of my head called The Windows of Heaven.  I know that through giving to the Lord our lives have been blessed. It has been blessed beyond my greatest hopes. Not in anything big, in "small but significant ways." If I wasn't looking for the Lord's hand in my life I might have missed it. But I know He's there and I know He blesses us. 

I have been trying to have a grateful heart. I have been trying to be content with the things that we have. Isn't that hard to do, in a world where we always need the bigger, better, next great thing. How can I be content, be more grateful, and have a thankful heart

I have so much to be grateful for. 


We had a great Halloween. I love trick or treating with the kids. We all have so much fun! This year I bought a few backdrops and we have the funnest Halloween themed photo shoot! Here are a few of my favorite shots. 




I have been really busy making Bubble Gum Necklaces. I love making things. Making jewelry is a fun past time when I get in the mood. I made Halloween necklaces for my girls, (you can see them in the photo above) then I made a ton more!!!


I am so excited to open my Etsy store soon and share them with all of you. Watch for more details soon. You can also follow me on my Facebook page here, for more details on opening and sales. 


These are a few of my favorites. 



While I'm working the girls are at my side painting away. I love sharing my passion for crafting and art with my children, even if it often makes a huge mess!!


I'm trying desperately to catch up on Project Life. I love taking a picture everyday and capturing moments with my children that I normally wouldn't remember. I love how Project Life tells the story of our lives. I've done it for 2 years and really need to get caught up on this year. If you can make out the date on this layout, yes it's February. I have a long way to go!


I am totally smitten with the new Dear Lizzy Line, Polka Dot Party. My favorite party is the pencil doodle detail throughout the collection. You can see some in the upper left hand corner of this layout. 


Above all I am grateful to be a mother. I am grateful that these little sweeties fill me with love everyday.  I am grateful for all the cuddles, the hugs, the peaceful sleeping faces. Don't get me wrong having 4 children is very challenging, but it's worth it. They make it all worth it. 



2 comments:

  1. I love all the necklaces. you are so talented and crafty! Ive always wanted to do a "Project Life". It takes a lot of commitment! but they look like theyre fun to have when theyre all done, from what ive seen! Keep up the great work sis :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to visit your Etsy store - the necklaces are beautiful! Your kids are adorable, they will really appreciate the time crafting with you - great memories for when they are older!

    ReplyDelete