Thursday, November 15, 2012

Just be Me

Sometimes I create a piece because it's something I saw in a class. Sometimes it's an idea I found on Pinterest. Sometimes I want to try a new technique and sometimes I'm really inspired because I want to say something to someone I love. I love creating girls for people. I love creating layers of love through words and pictures. 

But sometimes when I'm really lucky I have a whole canvas come into my head. I guess this girl is so special because it was something I needed to say to myself. 


It had been a long week, a long day of changing diapers, wiping runny noses, and cleaning the house, and yes I was still in my sweats. 


I love going out to eat on Friday nights. It's so nice to get out of the house. I put on a really cute outfit. Loaded up the girls and went to our favorite place to eat. I even brought an art book I've been wanting to look at. 


The girls colored and ate and I enjoyed a minute to just be me. It felt so good. 


I want to give everything I have to my children. To be the very best mom I can. And sometimes I feel like "me" gets a little lost. And that's ok, I am happy to sacrifice and give and work hard for my children because I love them so much. They mean everything to me. 

But sometimes it's nice to put on a pretty dress, do my hair, take a deep breath, and get to...

just be me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment